Wide Area Networking with Argentina - Buenos Aires

Unanswered Question
Jun 6th, 2007
User Badges:

Have need to connect with company in Buenos Aires in Argentina. Tested VPN over internet but too much latency - over 200ms. Wondering if anyone has successfully deployed connections to that country and area and what carriers were used and what technology was used.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Wed, 06/06/2007 - 10:05
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hello,

Living part of year in BsAs I know the matter quite well, I will give you a very short summary.

ADSL providers have generally a bad reputation. Speeds (download) up to 8Mbps are offered, but customer service is lamentable.

The provider most used for demanding home users and small offices is Fibertel, that is cable modem. Good sppeds and customer service.

I've used both ADSL and cable and I can have voice working with issues as well as data.

The next option for professional access is probably Telmex, offering real E1 circuits, howeve it is also very expensive and you need to get an account manager for all the answers.

Real fiber access is not available excpet in data houses and I image is given at an high price and conditions.

Note the high latency that you have experienced is not due to the last-mile access, but the intercontinental links to the US, etc. And there isn't anything that you can do about that.

Fee free to contact me at the email address in my profile if you want more details.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Actions

This Discussion