cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1720 IOS?

TylerCC22
Level 1
Level 1

I've solved my issue from yesterday of not being able to log into the router, I now need to copy the IOS from the router to my tftp(Laptop).

Where can I find the defualt file name for the 1720 IOS? (For example on my 2600 it's c2600-bin-mz.122-13.t1.bin)

Thanks,

Tyler

6 Replies 6

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the router just do a "dir flash:

Figured that out moments after I posted.

My new problem is this:

InternetRouter#copy flash tftp

Source filename [c1700-advsecurityk9-mz.123-3g.bin]?

Address or name of remote host []? 10.1.0.75

Destination filename [c1700-advsecurityk9-mz.123-3g.bin]?

Any ideas? Again, you'll have to forgive my ignorance, pretty new to Cisco, only been studying for 3 weeks or so.

Thanks

Tyler

%Error opening tftp://10.1.0.75/c1700-advsecurityk9-mz.123-3g.bin (Timed out)

Tyler,

Can you ping your TFTP server from your router or vice-versa. Make sure that your TFTP service is running the laptop.

-amit singh

Yes, I can ping it no problem.

Is TFTP server running on your laptop. Can you try re-lauching it on your system.

-amit singh

Tyler

Amit made the suggestion that we all would start with which is to verify IP connectivity. If that is not the problem then I have a couple of other suggestions:

- make sure that the address given is the correct address for the TFTP server.

- make sure that the TFTP service is running on the server.

- depending on the platform and the TFTP implementation it may be necessary for the file name to exist and to have remote write permissions. What platform is the TFTP running on? does the file name that you are using exist in the TFTP directory? does it have the right permissions?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: