ISCW - Mitigating worm attacks

Unanswered Question
Jun 6th, 2007

Hi - I passed ISCW last week, but one question bothered me, not knowing exactly what Cisco wanted for this. Could someone tell me what the preferred method would be for mitigating worm attacks? (Four steps are involved for each answer, consisting of the following types of options: Contain, Inoculate, Quarantine, Treat, Report, etc.)

Just curious...

bill

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dunc Wed, 06/13/2007 - 18:38

The correct order is Contain, Inoculate, Quarantine, Treat. I remembered this by the acronym: CIQT.

Its in the ISCW material, somewhere.

Ken_Chew18 Mon, 07/09/2007 - 07:01

Hi,

I'm currently looking into taking my CCNP. I spotted ISCW as it seems to have an answer to what I wanted to implement at my workplace.

I have a RADIUS server that authenticates external users passing through the network, by prompting an authentication window, currently done by Checkpoint. I would like the function to be taken over by a Cisco router. I notice ISCW covered AAA and Cisco IOS Firewall in particular. Does what I want to know is covered? Is Cisco IOS Firewall the same as Cisco IOS, except with more functionality? Can I restore a config saved under Cisco IOS into Cisco IOS Firewall?

These are some of the aspects that I would like to know whether they are covered. Else I might have to get a book dedicated to Cisco IOS Firewall.

Do appreciate some guidelines here. Thanks.

gajanangavli Tue, 08/14/2007 - 16:03

Hi bill i am going to appear for the iscw exam , please tell me is there any simulation , what are the topics highlighted in exam

Actions

This Discussion