cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant connection question

mpozorski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - We are in the process of migrating to another ISP. Currently, we have 5 data T1's that go into two different routers (2621) the primary router has 3 T1's and the secondary router has 2 T1's and the failover occurs via OSPF from the ISP whenever the primary POP is down. We have a third 2621 that I have configured to use with the new ISP. For that connection we are going to run with a Metro Ethernet circuit for the primary connectivity with a T1 for the backup connectivity. I am not having very much luck figuring out how to get the router configured to perform any sort of failover between the Ethernet interface(Metro Ethernet) and the Serial Interface (backup T1). If anyone has any suggestions or links to documents that show how to set something like that up I would appreciate it. Thanks

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

If you want to track ethernet and switch over the traffic over the secondary serial link then you can look at something like Object Tracking feature which comes with in the special ios feature sets not with the basic ios feature set..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008042fbeb.html

regds

Thanks for the link. I have reviewed it and that looks like what we are looking to do. I will need to upgrade the IOS on our router when I get a window so I can try to implement that. Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card