cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Same Directory Number in one device (IP Phone)

mmoranzo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I configure the same directory number in 2 o 3 line of the same phone?

By example, I have a 7960 IP Phone. I need configure the same DN (100) in line 1 and 2, Is it possible?

I tried and I get an error.

Thanks and regards.

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Only if you put the DNs in different partitions.

Brandon

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Martin,

Just to add a note to Brandons good info. Here is a good tech note that decribes the process needed;

Configuring a Single Dialed Number on Multiple Lines

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009409c.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

This is how most Avaya phones are setup and when people move to Cisco, they want to keep it the same way. This is definitely do-able using multiple partitions and Calling search spaces.

Line 1 will forward on busy and no answer to Line2. Line 2 will forward on busy and no answer to voicemail.

In my opinion, apart from perception, this configuration is a waste of time and energy. The dial plan becomes a bit more complex and you waste an extra button on the phone, which could be used for an extra speed dial or service url or with CM 6.0 you could program this extra button as a PLK (Programmable Line Key). You have call waiting capable lines on a single line, and with effective training, users can get used to easily switching between multiple calls on the same line. To join or bridge two calls, you can easily use Select and Join soft keys.

HTH

Sankar

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus