cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Debug

ksnarayan43
Level 1
Level 1

by default debug statement seem to only go over the console port -- do you know if its possible and if so how, to get that debug data over a telnet (vty) console as well?

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

KRISHNAN

By default debug output is level 7 is syslog messages. And by default the console is set to receive level 7 messages. (I frequently advise customers to change the logging level on the console as a performance improvement). The logging level for monitor logging (which is displayed to telnet sessions) also defaults to level 7. I am not sure whether your issue is that the logging level has been changed or if it is that you are now aware of how to get that output displayed in your telnet session. The command to have the syslog output displayed in your telnet session is terminal monitor. If you do terminal monitor and still are not getting the output then I suggest that you check in the config and see if the logging level for monitor has been changed.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you Rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: