Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant switch design review help

bryan.lofland
Level 1
Level 1

Some background info to start off with.

I currently have 4 Cisco switches of various models (the attached diagrams will explain). Right now I have no physical redundancy between them. They are connected via a single cable to a neighboring switch. I currently don't have any problems with STP (PVST mode). All of my trunks/switches show no blocked or inconsistent ports.

What I am hoping to get out of this is a physically redundant network with MST running. I have diagrammed out both the logical layout and the config. I was hoping that someone could take a look at it to confirm that I really shouldn't have any problems with this. I am expecting to see some STP blocked ports on the switches once I implement this due to the physical redundancy. I don't have anyone else in this department that would be able to look at this and tell me something doesn't look right. Since I am the only pair of eyes looking at this I figured it couldn't help to have some experts look at it as well.

Thanks for the help and I will rate all replies!

Bryan

2 Replies 2

bryan.lofland
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone had a chance to take a look at this yet? I was hoping to implement this next weekend. I would be more than happy to provide any more info that you might need!

Thanks,

Bryan

bryan.lofland
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted to let everyone know that I implemented this with no problems what so ever. This might help someone out with future MST STP migrations. The Visio diagrams were a very helpful tool.

Thanks,

Bryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: