Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant switch design review help

bryan.lofland
Level 1
Level 1

Some background info to start off with.

I currently have 4 Cisco switches of various models (the attached diagrams will explain). Right now I have no physical redundancy between them. They are connected via a single cable to a neighboring switch. I currently don't have any problems with STP (PVST mode). All of my trunks/switches show no blocked or inconsistent ports.

What I am hoping to get out of this is a physically redundant network with MST running. I have diagrammed out both the logical layout and the config. I was hoping that someone could take a look at it to confirm that I really shouldn't have any problems with this. I am expecting to see some STP blocked ports on the switches once I implement this due to the physical redundancy. I don't have anyone else in this department that would be able to look at this and tell me something doesn't look right. Since I am the only pair of eyes looking at this I figured it couldn't help to have some experts look at it as well.

Thanks for the help and I will rate all replies!

Bryan

2 Replies 2

bryan.lofland
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone had a chance to take a look at this yet? I was hoping to implement this next weekend. I would be more than happy to provide any more info that you might need!

Thanks,

Bryan

bryan.lofland
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted to let everyone know that I implemented this with no problems what so ever. This might help someone out with future MST STP migrations. The Visio diagrams were a very helpful tool.

Thanks,

Bryan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card