Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem upgrading ephone firmware and load files with 7961G

g.lacoursiere
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest load file for my 7961G phones, so I will resolve the problem I have with the video/telephony, that just don't work.

So I have downloaded from cisco's web site the following files :

Jar41sccp.8-2-2ES6.sbn

cnu41.8-2-2ES6.sbn

apps41.8-2-2ES6.sbn

dsp41.8-2-2ES6.sbn

cvm41sccp.8-2-2ES6.sbn

term61.default.loads

term41.default.loads

I have added the tftp-server command for each files (I did not mentioned flash: before the file name, and retryed with flash:). I also used the command "load 7961 term61.default", command in telephony-service.

And when I rset my phones, they just don't seem to load the new load files, because I get a different file name on the phone (in paramtre, Caracteristics, ID Image).

So What do I do wrong ??

I am running CME 4.1 and Unity Express 2.3.

Thank you for your help

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

please copy and configure tftp-server also for SCCP-8...loads (not giving exact name here, but it's in the zip file as well). Configure the latter as "load" without the .loads extension. Reset phone. If it does not upgrade, do "term mon" and "debug tftp events". You will see the phone requesting the files,and be able to locate any error.

Hope this helps,please rate post ifit does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: