cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Losing connectivity

israel.roybal
Level 1
Level 1

Cue keeps losing connectivity to our CME when we try to access unity using our browser it asks for the CME credentials but this wont work we have to reboot the router and it starts working againg and goes down in a couple of weeks. Restarting the service engine doesnt fix it only rebooting the router.

Our service engine has ip unnumbered to the interface in the voice vlan should it be pointing to the native vlan and could this be the problem?

5 Replies 5

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume it's still taking calls and such, right? It sounds purely like an authentication problem. That error message isn't terribly descriptive. It can mean that the gateway in CUE is set incorrectly, or simply that it can't log in using what it has as the CME's admin credentials. If everything is working (including MWI), then it's most likely a CME credentials thing. Have you tried logging into the CME web page as an admin when this starts to happen?

Yes I have tried logging on to the CME web page and it is unavailable. After the reboot CME page starts working again.

Ok, so that takes CUE out of the picture. I would try reloading all the CME GUI files, just in case. I'm not sure why it is so intermittent. Do the CME admin pages come up, but they just won't let you log in?

No they dont, it comes up blank. Wont even let me try to log in.

I'd go ahead and re-download and install the CME GUI files. If for some reason it was running a version that doesn't match the CME version exactly then you can have all kinds of weird problems. The other troubleshooting alternatives probably involve opening up a TAC case; we'd have to enable some debugs to see what is being requested and what's being delivered and such. But it would need to be in that state, which is why it probably makes sense to reload the files and then do the more intensive troubleshooting if/when it happens again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: