Views
Helpful
Replies

dot1x + nortel IP Phone

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello,

I have a small query with respect to connecting nortel IP phones on dot1x enabled port :I'm planning to connect a nortel IP Phone on one of the ports enabled for 802.1x... i do not want to connect any PC behind the phone. I want the phone to work, as usual, making calls outside. As I see with the existing configurations on the switch, the nortel ip phone connectivity is configured as a data VLAN and not the voice VLAN.. so, will this affect the working of the phone when dot1x is enabled ??

Can someone clarify on this? Has someone implemented dot1x with nortel phones ?

Raj

3 Replies 3

anandramapathy
Level 3
Level 3

How are you going to get the Ip Phones authenticated to the network without disabling the dot1x feature on the port ?

In our case we disable the dot1x security on the port connected to the Ip Phone & enable port security based on MAC address of the IP Phone ( either hard code or enable auto learning of the MAC )

I will try the multi-domain auth feature. i think thats the only solution available now.

Good idea.

If you are okay with the following then it is fine

If the port becomes unauthorized (re-authentication fails or an Extensible Authentication Protocol over LAN [EAPOL]-logoff message is received), all attached clients are denied access to the network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card