cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware for Metro Ethernet

navneet_78
Level 1
Level 1

Iam installing a Metro Ethernet for my site. The service provider is giving a 6MB 100TX Ethernet service at my area. The interface will be RJ45, and they will install a media converter to convert fibre to electrical.

For a 3845, I can order an HWIC-4ESW card. But can you let me know if a VWIC-2MFT-E1/T1 card can also be used? Since this card also has a RJ45 interface?

Please suggest

Regards

Navneet

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Navneet,

No, you cannot use that module VWIC-2MFT-E1/T1 for ethernet connectivity. Its works on a different frequeny typically the E1/T1 frequency which is 120 Ohm frequency. It uses a different line coding and framing mechanism. You cannot use it for this purpose.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Navneet,

No, you cannot use that module VWIC-2MFT-E1/T1 for ethernet connectivity. Its works on a different frequeny typically the E1/T1 frequency which is 120 Ohm frequency. It uses a different line coding and framing mechanism. You cannot use it for this purpose.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Thnx for the update Amit. It helped me clear my doubt.

Cheers

Navneet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card