Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA Filtering Down?!

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

i have CCM 5.1b, and i configured IPMA, every thing is ok except one thing which is the Filtering displays as Down, I checked the CTI route point its status is unknown and not registered, i restarted it but still not registered, i tried to restart Cisco Tomcat, but with no change, i mean it no thing changed when i clicked on stop or start....

i tried to restart Cisco Tomcat from OS cli command with the following output:

admin:utils service restart Cisco Tomcat

Service Manager is running

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Component is not running

Cisco Tomcat[NOTRUNNIG]

Service Manager is running

Cisco Tomcat[STARTED]

please does any one encouter lile this problem please advise

2 Replies 2

dsweeny
Level 3
Level 3

You must create the translation pattern with the same directory number as the Cisco IPMA route point. If it has a narrower scope than the route point, calls do not get sent to the route point and do not get handled by the Cisco IPMA service.

For example, if the route point DN is 1XXX, the translation pattern DN is 10XX, and a manager primary DN is 1001, the Cisco IPMA service never handles the calls to that manager because the translation pattern will intercept them and not send them to the route point.

i have solved it ... the problem was that in service parameters i found that the cti route point did not get associated with IPMA route point name option ...!

i don't think there is a need to another translation pattern once i have 1XXX for example as cti route point DN there is no need to create any translation pattern for ipma functionality since this 1XXX DN is by itself a translation pattern in its operation point of view..