cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to only allow Voicemail to be checked through email only?

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this requirement that is bit mind boggling for me. :) Hope someone can help.

I have 1 cluster with 2 unity setups, Unity A and Unity B. We have both Unity on Unified Messaging.

Site A phones uses Unity A and Site B phones uses Unity B.

Issue is if a softphone user from Site B moves to Site A, we still want calls to this user to be forwarded to his voicemail. But we want to only allow him to check through his email and not through the phone. Is this possible?

We tried removing the Voicemail Profile setting in the CallManager configuration, but after doing so, we were not able to leave him a voicemail.

Hope someone has some idea on this.

Thanks all for reading.

Eugene :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

The reason users were not able to leave a VM after removing VM Profile would be coz the Call Fwd was configured to fwd to VM (VoiceMail box checked). So instead of doing that, you should configure the Call Fwd to dispatch the CM to the Pilot Point Number for Unity. This way you should be able to stop the user from hitting Messages button and checking their VM and at the same time fwd the call to their VoiceMail.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

The reason users were not able to leave a VM after removing VM Profile would be coz the Call Fwd was configured to fwd to VM (VoiceMail box checked). So instead of doing that, you should configure the Call Fwd to dispatch the CM to the Pilot Point Number for Unity. This way you should be able to stop the user from hitting Messages button and checking their VM and at the same time fwd the call to their VoiceMail.

I hope this helps

Perfect!

Thank you!

:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: