Views
Helpful
Replies

FAC vs time period?

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i want to enforce mobile calls being placed by users ip phones just after working hours to insert a FAC code, is this supported?

i think this is supported in Alcatel IPT, i wonder if it is supported in Cisco or not?

can somebody help with this, since this will alter the need to use extension mobility which i don't like in my company?

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

So if i understand you correct, you want to force a FAC to be input by users after hours when they call cell phones while during business hours the same number should not prompt a FAC correct ? This can be done using TOD routing

a. Create two time periods (8-5pm and 5pm through 8 am)

b. Create two partitions P1 and P2. Apply time periods 8-5pm to P1 and 5-8am to P2.

c. Lets assume the route pattern you want to create is 9.214XXXXXXX (Cell phone numbers in 214 area code).

d. Create two such route patterns as above in partitions P1 and P2. The one in P2, check the option FAC required.

e. In the phone CSS, list P1 and P2 (doesnt really matter what the order is).

End result: during business hours, P1 is active, P2 is inactive. So FAC is not prompted by Callmanager. For the same pattern, after business hours, P1 is inactive and P2 is active. So FAC is prompted by Callmanager after business hours.

HTh

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

really u r great

thanks a lot

i've searched CCM sys guide, CCM featutes and services guide for such a solution to my case but did not get this idea...

here is 5!

Appreciate your kind words and the rating. Sometimes, some IPT solutions are not at all documented in the books or Cisco tech docs.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: