Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Voice mail remotely

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have unity connection voice mail and this works fine.

Question: is it possible to access voice mail remotly? Meaning calling my mail box and listen to the voice mail?

Thanks,

Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, this should be possible. You will have to configure your PBX (CallManager) such that it can fwd calls for a DID to Unity Connection Pilot Point. Once this is done, you should hear the opening greeting. When you hit '*' at the Opening Greeting it would ask you for your Extension and Phone Password and let you listen to your VoiceMail. Also, if the Remote Phone that the caller would use would be constant (Assuming Mobile Phone/Home Phone), the DID for this phone can be configured as alternative extension and when the calls dials in to Unity, they should get the Subscriber Sign-In option the same way as they would when calling from their Work Phone

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, this should be possible. You will have to configure your PBX (CallManager) such that it can fwd calls for a DID to Unity Connection Pilot Point. Once this is done, you should hear the opening greeting. When you hit '*' at the Opening Greeting it would ask you for your Extension and Phone Password and let you listen to your VoiceMail. Also, if the Remote Phone that the caller would use would be constant (Assuming Mobile Phone/Home Phone), the DID for this phone can be configured as alternative extension and when the calls dials in to Unity, they should get the Subscriber Sign-In option the same way as they would when calling from their Work Phone

Hello Mahesh,

Thank you very much, i configured it and it works perfectly!

Thanks again,

Jan

Hi Jan. Can you tell me how did u the configuration for voice mail access remotly. what are the step we have to do in ccm. pls give me the details steps.

Thanks in advance.

Esa

Hello Esa,

Just reread the post from Mahesh, this explains it very well. Make sure the CSS and the partitions are configured correctly. And when you hear the Unity welcome prompt press *

Good luck,

Jan

Hi. I have CCMBE configuration including unity connection. Anyone can access voice mail number remotely and pressing * ask for the user ID and password. This works most of the time but sometimes pressing * goes to the operator instead of receiving a voice message asking for user ID and pasword. Has anyone encountered such an issue?

Chandrasen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: