cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New SUP for 4500?

markfester
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone heard of the new SUP coming out for the 4500 series? Iam trying to get more info on it. I am running SUPV 10 gig and need more CPU.

6 Replies 6

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

There is a new Sup320 (320Gbps) coming for 4500 in another month's time.I am not sure about the avialbility dates on the same.

We do have support for enhanced routing capabilities as well as MPLS support on this.Please check the same with your Cisco's account team.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

Ankur

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please see my post below on the same.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=LAN%2C%20Switching%20and%20Routing&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dde9789

Let me know if you have any queries on this and I will be able to help you.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Amit / Ankur,

What would be the throughput available per slot. The present 4506 supports 6 Gbps per slot.

I think i had heard that the new SuP will support 24 Gbps per slot. Is it correct?

Narayan

Narayan,

Yes, its 24Gbps/Slot. There is a new E series line card coming for the same 48 port 10/100/1000 which will use the same slot capacity.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Thanks amit for the confirmation..

Is there any 24 SFP module in line so that i have 1 GBps capacity per port?

Narayan

Narayan,

Not right now. It shoule be there sometime in next year. I will update you if I hear something soon on this.

HTH,

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco