CCME route calls based on calling number

Unanswered Question

Hi, i want to route a call based on the calling number over pots. For example all the calls with the calling number 650xxx and the called number 977xxxx go to a particular hunt-group.

I have configured the dialpeer 7 and 8 with the "answer-addres" command, and the translation-profile 10, to change the called number to the extension number 18. By default all calls with the called number 977xxxx goes to the extension 29 (num-exp command), but all the incoming calls with the calling number 650xxx goes to the dial-peer 1 and 2, and ingnore the dial-peers 7 and 8

---------------------

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /977xxxxx/ /18/

!

!

voice translation-profile 10

translate called 3

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile incoming prefix

preference 2

incoming called-number 977xxxxx

direct-inward-dial

port 3/0

supported-language ES

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

preference 2

incoming called-number 977xxxx

direct-inward-dial

port 3/1

dial-peer voice 7 pots

translation-profile incoming 10

answer-address 650xxxxx

direct-inward-dial

port 3/0

!

dial-peer voice 8 pots

answer-address 650xxxxxx

direct-inward-dial

port 3/1

num-exp 977554xxx 29

num-exp 977556xxx 29

-------------------------

Gerard

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 06/07/2007 - 08:26

Hola Gerard, interesting case.

First of all, for incoming DP, the port command is ignored. This is a recent change, in older IOS it was not like that. This means you can eliminate DP 2 and 8.

Now for the problem, I'm afraid that DP selection in IOS is not sophisticated enough to understand that you want an incoming DP matching both "answer-address" and "incoming called-number", to have precedence over one with only "incoming called-number".

Would be possible for you to remove "incoming called-number" on DP 7 ?

Hola,

I can remove the incoming "called-number" on the lab, but it is a mandatory on the real scenario, because calls are routed by the calling number too.

There is a 977xxx number for support calls and a diferent 977xxx for comercial information. Some operators don't speak language "A" that comes from 650xxxx calls, so i need to route calls from 650xxxx calling support and comercial to operators that speak "A", and the rest route the calls to the other operators.

A little schema:

Calling 650xxx - called 977xxxx1 -----> support language A

Calling 650xxx - called 977xxxx2 -----> comercial language A

Calling Any minus 650 - called 977xxx1 ----> support language B

Calling Any minus 650 - called 977xxx2 ----> support language B

regards

Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 06/07/2007 - 15:20

Hola,

Yes I understand the scenario. What is happening is that the first DP (in numeric order) that has match for called number,is immediately used and the search stops.

So, please try reversing the numbering of the dial-peers. Have the lower one configured with "answer-address" only, and modify the called number as required. For the higher number, use called-number and again modify as required.

Let us know if it works!

I changed the dial-peer numbers and configured only the "answer-address".

------------

dial-peer voice 1 pots

answer-address 650xxxxx

direct-inward-dial

port 3/0

!

dial-peer voice 7 pots

preference 2

incoming called-number 977xxxxxx

direct-inward-dial

port 3/0

supported-language ES

!

------------------

Seems that on CCME "incoming called-number" dial-peer have more preference than "answer-address" dial-peer and ignore de "preference" command.

I will try with diferent configurations...

regards.

Paolo Bevilacqua Fri, 06/08/2007 - 01:36

Well, the functionality that you want is typical of a call center, I think the cisco IPCC can do that.

Let us know if you have "answer-address" with more digits than "called-number" that make it works!

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Actions

This Discussion