cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager meet me w/ IPVC

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I have a IPVC 3545 and am using CCM Meet me numbers for video conferenceing within the VoIP network.

I am able to have a meet me with video, but when trying to establish a second meet me video call, I only get audio.

Please advise.

6 Replies 6

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

Assuming you are using the built-in CCM software conferencing feature? Or hardware conferencing and/or mtp resources? In both cases, that will only support audio conferencing, the software conferencing G.711 only. You will need a hardware MCU, registered with CCM as H323 or SCCP in order to do multi-party video conferencing of any kind. I believe the MCU, controlled by CCM, can support meet-me conferencing, but I'm not positive.

Other options are meetingplace, depending on the video endpoints or desktops that you are trying to join the multi-party meet-me call.

See the following URL for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/video/ps1870/products_data_sheet09186a008010a81a.html

Yes, I am using an IPVC MCU with Call Manager, and have it set up to use the IPVC as a media resource for conferencing. I am able to do a single meet me video conference (x1111) but when trying to set up an additional meet me in CCM (x2222), I only get audio conferencing.

R

What is the model number and software release of the MCU? H323 or SCCP integration? Which version (exactly) of CCM?

I am running CCM 4.1.3 sr3 and IPVC 3545 version 5.1.0.0.24.

I am using the MCU as an H323 gateway, and also using it as a media resource in ccm for ad-hoc conferencing.

I would guess you have already covered this but I would verify location config etc to make sure bw is OK to allow for second video call. Do you have any additional conference resources available that may be utilized and not support video? I would login to mcu admin and verify that devices from second call are actually hosted by the mcu..

I solved this problem. It was an isse with MRG on call manager. Thanks to all who replied.

R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: