cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Trunk PBX-IP-PBX

madcat
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to replace the 2 t-1 tie lines inbetween pbx's. With a 3845 and a 2811 router useing 1 VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 - 2-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1 in each end.

Basically got

controller T1 0/2/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1 type e&m-wink-start

ds0-group 1 timeslots 2 type e&m-wink-start

voice-port 0/2/0:0

timeouts call-disconnect 3

connection trunk 201 answer-mode

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 100

port 0/2/0:0

This is x48 timeslots/dial-peer's ect on both ends

I am hitting the loopback on each router with this:

dial-peer voice 50 voip

destination-pattern 2..

session target ipv4:172.31.255.1

dtmf-relay h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

ip qos dscp cs5 media

Basically the trunk comes up but the avaya pbx on each end doesnt show anything. am I missing something?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Instead of connection trunk, you could let the router interpret the numbers from the pbx instead. You will need 48 DP pots because you are have created on voice-port per channel. You can reduce reduce this to 2 if you put 24 timeslots in the ds0-group, you would loose 1:1 mapping between PBX's timeslots, but probably doesn't matter.

Actually I tried 1 ds0-group for each line. It didn't work as not all the lines would come up. With this config i get all the channels to come up and trunk.

So it's working now ?

Hi Paolo,

we need to connect two old PBX through IP (PBX_A-2821--IP--2821-PBX_B)

by reading cisco docs, actually, i would choose "connection trunk". can you please describe your proposal? what are the advantages and/or the requirements?

Hi, as mentioned above you can use connection trunk, but a regular configuration where you received the numbers gives you more control and debug. So I suggest you configure the signalling used by the PBX and interpret the number, that interface is that ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: