Unified Messagign

Unanswered Question
Jun 7th, 2007

If customer specifies that they won't increase the Exchange systems then I take this to mean that we have to build the storage systems for UM messages and still provide integration to Exchange. for Unity. Does that mean that we as a vendor will have to allocate additional hardware for mailbox storage, and then integrate that with the customer's existing Exchange Infrastructre.

Is there a way to still provide integration with Exchange if the servers are not located at the core sites? I thought the Unity servers had to be located right along side of each Exchange server for UM.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
espereir Thu, 06/07/2007 - 22:59

Actually, it is one of the requirements; the Exchange must be on the same LAN as the Unity server, you CANNOT use a WAN link for this purpose, no matter the speed that you have. This will create a severe impact on the messages retrieval, like delays, MWI not refreshing...

By the way, this is not TAC supported.

He should get a local Exchange server next to the Unity server and configure this one as the Unity Partner Exchange so Unity will not experience any delays.

Actions

This Discussion