Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoUnity_Notifier warnings when deleting a subscriber

rposuk001
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.2(1.0)Exchange 2003sp2

We are running two networked Unity servers in two different geographic locations. Often, an employee will move out of one office to another, in which case we remove his subscriber account from one Unity server and recreate him on another, same with his exchange account which is recreated on the local office server. Or sometimes they just do not need voice mail anymore and we delete their Unity account, but they still need their AD account. Each time this happens, the event log clutters up with CiscoUnity_notifier warnings. TAC said to delete their AD account and recreate but this is not a very friendly solution. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Here is how we avoid this problem. Prior to deleting the user in Unity:

1. As an Exchange admin, access the user's Outlook inbox or ask the user to do this. Select the Inbox, Deleted Items folder, any sub-folders beneath the inbox, and "Edit Mark all items as Read". The objective is to trigger MWI OFF between Unity and CallManager and get it synchronized. We incorporated this step into all Unity delete procedures, eliminating the Notifier warnings. Something else that helps this from the CallManager side is to change the VoiceMail Profile on the phone's directory number to None, until the number is reassigned to another user.

Hope this helps!

Ginger

I think there might be a better way. Use the remove subscriber properties tool in ciscounitytools.com to make sure the AD account no longer has subscriber properties.

My guess is that it does. Once the AD account no longer has the old unity subscriber properties, you can import him/her into the other Unity server. You should not see those errors.

rlp

I should say "another" way, not a better way.

sorry Ginger

Thank you both. Its nice to have multiple options. I'll give these a try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: