cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9509 to 9513 Migration Process?

craig.ashapa
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a process for a 9509 to 9513 migration/swapout?

3 Replies 3

colin.mcnamara
Level 4
Level 4

Depends.. Do you have A / B fabrics?

If so.. quiese all links in the A fabric, Migrate configs, move A connections, bring links live, repeat process on B.

If you have a single switch currently but with hosts being dual connected, you can pretty much do the same process.

Thanks Colin. A/B Fabrics, multiple switches per fabric. I'm looking for something a little more in depth relating to the "migrate configs" step you mention. Hoping someone else out there has completed such a migration, with configs including vsans/ivrs/port-channels/ persistent and non-persistent FCID's, that can share some gotchas and best practices. It would be nice if it were just backup/restore config over to new hardware, however I don't believe that'll be the case.

G'day,

It will depend greatly on how your SAN is configured to begin with... What type of zoning, iscsi, fcip, vsans's etc.

If you are zoning by pwwn it "should" be pretty smooth to plug in from one switch to another slowly moving host by host over.

I've done if before via changing data centre from one floor to another which meant moving the hosts but not the arrays until the very last outage.

It was a very lengthy process but very successful :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: