3560 switch issue?

Unanswered Question
Jun 7th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi...

I was trying to connect 2 PC to a 3560 switch which is a vtp client. The vlan database is being updated from the vtp server with no issues.

The 2 pcs to be connected are supposed to be in the management vlan, but when I move the switch ports to the management vlan the port LED remains amber, never turns green, and when I do sho vlan I see no ports under the management vlan, even I cannot find the 2 ports under any vlan.

I tried resetting the switch, shutting douwn/up the ports but no result. Could it be IOS related? Or is there any known bug.

All Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sundar.palaniappan Thu, 06/07/2007 - 14:58
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

Do you have trunk configuration under the ports? Can you post the configuration of the ports and 'show int (int#) switchport'.

mo shea Thu, 06/07/2007 - 15:31
User Badges:

The trunk mode is dot1q and is set as desirable. I will post the configs once I get to the office.

In what way can the trunk affect the situation Iam facing? Just as a reminder the switch works fine and i can telnet to it from anywhere in the LAN.

Thanks

sundar.palaniappan Thu, 06/07/2007 - 15:45
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

If these ports are connected to the PCs why do you want to trunk anyways? It appears the port is attempting to become a trunk and is failing. Moreover, 'show vlan' doesn't show a port assigned to any VLAN when the port is in trunking mode.

Try configuring the port as an access port and test.

HTH

Sundar

Actions

This Discussion