Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 switch issue?

mo shea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...

I was trying to connect 2 PC to a 3560 switch which is a vtp client. The vlan database is being updated from the vtp server with no issues.

The 2 pcs to be connected are supposed to be in the management vlan, but when I move the switch ports to the management vlan the port LED remains amber, never turns green, and when I do sho vlan I see no ports under the management vlan, even I cannot find the 2 ports under any vlan.

I tried resetting the switch, shutting douwn/up the ports but no result. Could it be IOS related? Or is there any known bug.

All Help is appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Do you have trunk configuration under the ports? Can you post the configuration of the ports and 'show int (int#) switchport'.

The trunk mode is dot1q and is set as desirable. I will post the configs once I get to the office.

In what way can the trunk affect the situation Iam facing? Just as a reminder the switch works fine and i can telnet to it from anywhere in the LAN.

Thanks

If these ports are connected to the PCs why do you want to trunk anyways? It appears the port is attempting to become a trunk and is failing. Moreover, 'show vlan' doesn't show a port assigned to any VLAN when the port is in trunking mode.

Try configuring the port as an access port and test.

HTH

Sundar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card