Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with ata

josequiros
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have a ATA with two fax, i have a CCM 4.2(3) and i use a GW 2811 over MGCP controller.

So the problem is, on the port phone 1 on the ATA every thing is OK i can send and recieve FAX. but the 2nd FAX who connected to the port phone 2 i can't send but i can recieve FAX.

Any body can help me

best regards

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Jose,

Remember that ATA only supports Fax Pass-through. ATA 186 does not support two ports that use G.729a codec simultaneously. The G.729 codec can only run on one port at a time. When one port uses G.729, other port uses G.711.Make sure which codecs are used between the ATA and the Fax protocol configured in the MGCP GW.

hello

thanks for the reply, in fact i have the G711 on all my system ToIP, i don't use the g729 codecs.

ON the MGCP how can i found the codecs how used??

Thank you

hello,

i verified that i used the G711 codecs for MGCP controller.

in fact i can recieve FAX from the port phone 2 but when i tried to send faxs i got the message "your call cannot be ..."

when i checked my parameters on the call manager every thing is ok

i tried to connect an analog phone to the port 2 for the ATA i can call .

So i can't understand why i've this problem

Thank you in advance

Hi Jose,

Do you get the Cisco callmanager annunciator telling you your call cannot be completed as dialled?

Is your 2nd line on the ATA registered with CCM correctly? Is the Calling search space set on the device and line correctly?

Sounds more like a call routing issue than a codec problem.

Cheers,

Tim.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: