cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Lockup

vanagon2tdi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3825 router acting as my voice gateway to the PSTN. I have been having issues with customers try to call from PSTN to a phone on my network an getting a message "all circuits busy" but have been unable to resolve it thus far, because it is intermittent.

Yesterday the router locked up. I was unable to ping any of the interfaces, for example 10.200.200.3 but was able to telnet to it from the directly connected router??? There are NO access lists on either interface and both showed up up. The IOS on the affected router is c3825-ipvoice-mz.123-14.T6.bin which I realize it a bit out dated. Saying that I know most people will say I need to upgrade ASAP....right?

If I do upgrade should I just go with a basic ip voice IOS?

Currently I have 4 VWICs connect to PSTN with 100's of dial peers. The client sites behind my network use SIP, H323 and a few CCME's for voice.

Any help would be great.

Dave

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, please upgrade IOS. I would suggest 12.4(13b) if you are happy with the current set of features.

If still problems with "all circuits busy", please enable "debug isdn q931" to logging buffer, for one or more circuits.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!