cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy based Routing with 871 Router

imranraheel
Level 1
Level 1

I want to implement policy based routing using my 871 route which has 1 Wan port and 4 Lan ports.is there any possibility through which i can connect more than 1 DSL connection on it and implemet policy based routing so whe 1 internet goes down the other becomes the primart i did tried adding 1 lan port in to different VLN but did received error that this version does not supports more than 2 VLANS

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

Please do "show version". If you image is not "advipservices", yes you need to upgrade. To do this, please contact your cisco reseller.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Here I have attached the file u have asked for

You'll need to get a flash upgrade, then get the Adv. IP Services IOS so that you can do VLANs on your router.

You mean I have to upgrade to advance ip service i can even do that will this resolves my issue

Yes as it was mentioned twice you need to upgrade for the VLAN feature. The following document describes what is in the default image and what is not.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028a976.html

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco