CCDA exam

Unanswered Question
Jun 8th, 2007

Hi, Guys.

I just have passed the CCNA exam, and want to study to the CCDA exam, but I am not sure that I have enough information about this exam. I have understood (please correct me if I am wrong) that the CCDA exam, is like CCNA exam, does not require any other certifications to be held. Is it true ?

Is it difficult exam comparing to the CCNA ?

Does the CCDA path realy provides you with good tools to start design networks ?

Is it multiple choice exam ?

Do I have to deal with equipment configuration, or study is teorethical only ?

What exam better to take, 640-863 or 640-861 ?

What self preparing material would you recommend for this exam ?

Thank a lot !

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
gaurav_dixit06 Sun, 06/10/2007 - 23:56

Both is good and their value is different .....now u can give 640-863 ,because cisco has terminate the 640-861 Exam just a few days back .So i believe u can go ahead with New CCDA Paper code which is 640-863 .

ya there are multiple choice exam.

you need to follow Cisco Press book for CCDA.

you can also preparing self then u can understand more about the CCDA.

also u can make differnce after reading book of CCDa and CCNa.

nicholas_ong Thu, 06/14/2007 - 22:34

I just took 640-863 and unfortunately, failed it. The resources that are available for 640-861 are not suitable for CCDA ver 2. Perhaps you should wait till more resources are available for CCDAv2 before attempting it; unless you are able to complete CCDAv1 within the dateline. From my POV, CCDAv2 is not as easy as CCNA.

To dear moderator,

is there any resources available on Cisco website for CCDAv2?

Wilson Samuel Fri, 06/15/2007 - 06:14

Hi,

I have taken CCDA and CCDP Exams and I find that both the Design Exams are more or less a strong Design Skillset exam or in layman terms its like an English Language Exam, you MUST UNDERSTAND AND RECALL ALL THE TECHNICAL TERMS of Cisco Architectures.

Moreover I shall suggest or recommend to take atleast BSCI and BCMSN before you take the CCDA Exam, its quite helpful.

I hope its helfpul,

Please rate if helpful

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Actions

This Discussion