General Cisco Exam Scoring Question

Unanswered Question
Jun 8th, 2007

Hello Everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone would be able to answer a question on how Cisco scores their exam questions. I've noticed that an exam score of 849/1000 is the baseline to pass the CCNA tests - when I've been going through the exam simulators, I've run into a number of questions where you need to choose more than 1 correct answer. Here's the question - if I routinely get a number of these questions at least partially right, does the testing software give partial credit on the question? I ask because my testing software seems to indicate that without choosing all the correct answers, the entire question is wrong.

I'm just curious if anyone knows. Much thanks!

[email protected]

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
scottmac Fri, 06/08/2007 - 08:54

Only Cisco knows for sure ....

BUT, what I believe you'll discover is that multiple choice questions with more than one correct answer will require that all of the correct choices must be made, and ONLY the number they ask for.

If you don't choose them all, or if the test allows you to choose too many, you will get the entire question wrong (no partial credit for 2 of 3 correct answers).

For things like simulators, it has been posted (by Cisco) here that partial credit is given (if the parts you got right were something they were scoring). So, if you got the address and mask right, but blew it on the route and everything else, you may receive credit for the two things you did right that Cisco was watching for.

Good Luck

atbreen14217 Fri, 06/08/2007 - 09:20

Thanks for the information - I appreciate it. Since you brought up the issue of the simulations, that got something else in my head - with all of the test sims that I have, I've noticed that the INTRO simulation goes into basic commands for a switch/router. Do you know if the INTRO simulations will be the same, or if they'll have other topics on them as well (i.e. configuring routing protocols, which hasn't been covered in my INTRO simulation materials up until now).

I'm trying to gain a perspective on where I should be focusing my time the next couple of weeks - I'm trying to take the INTRO test by the end of the month, and want to make sure that I cover as many bases that I can for it.

Thanks again!

nicholas_ong Fri, 06/15/2007 - 10:04

For the CCNA, you are required to know how to configure the routing protocols as well. Make sure you are familiar with basic configurations of RIP, OSPF, EIGRP as well as configurations of the various interfaces; mainly ethernet ports.

*Please rate if helpful

This Discussion