cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Forword a DID number to a specific extension W/ CallManager 4.1

billt
Level 1
Level 1

We have CallManager 4.1 and I need to direct specific in bound calls on specific numbers to different extensions.

I.E. External callers dial 520-555-1616 are sent to extension 4000.

8 Replies 8

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

if i understood ur question u can simply acheive this by going to ur CCM admin page go to that DID number configuration page for example (1616) that u want to have it forwarded to 4000, u will find in this directory number configuration page a forward all option, add 4000 in destination field besides forward all

this way all callers to 520-555-1616 are forwarded to 4000

u may see on ur users phones CFwdAll softkey, to make sure users do not change call forwarding settings u have configured u can remove this softkey from Device > Device Settings > Softkey Template find the softkey assigned to ur users and edit/update it

hth

please remember to rate helpful posts

Majdi

I'm sorry but where do I find the "CCM admin page go to that DID number configuration page"? Sounds like this will work if I can find this page.

If you simply want to translate the one number to the other and the first number does not exist on an actual phone device - do this:

Click on Route Plan - Translation Pattern.

Add a New Translation Pattern.

Enter the 4 digits of the DID number (in this case 1616) in the Translation Pattern field and the 4 digits of the destination (4000) in the Called Party Transformation (Called Party Transform Mask) field at the bottom. Add it. Dial 1616 and it should ring 4000. Dial the full number and the system should pass the last 4 digits (1616) to the CCM and complete the transfer to 4000. That's assuming your inbound calling delivers only the last 4 digits. Otherwise put whatever is passed to the CCM in the Translation Pattern field mentioned above.

RJJ

for ccm userpage put in your url(use the ip adress) for call manager Https//xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/ccmuser

when it asks for username & password

put in the user name and password assigned in

user configuration

make sure you select a device also.....

out of curiosity what is the application?

Did you click the wrong message?

Billt

Did you want to know where the ccm user page is?

No. I know how to get there. I believe the the DID number went to a phone. It doesn't though. It comes in and goes to the main number as all the unused DID numbers we have. I needed to seperate four DID numbers and have them go to a specific extension which rings on several phones. Our operators can then see which number was called and answer the call accordingly.

billt
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the help. I found two ways..

1) Add a CTI Route point and forward to 4000.

2) Use the tranlation as suggested.

Both seem to work fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: