cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator 2.0 _ Can't hear caller

rrojas
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured IP communicator as recommended. I tested it on my network and it works fine. I can place a call and hear the speaker and she could hear me. When I connect remotely through our VPN (Aventail), I can register IP Communicator but I cannot hear the caller and she could not hear me. Is there a setup or configuration option I forgot to enable?

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

i think the problem is with ur VPN (Aventail), since Supported software VPN clients include Cisco Systems VPN Client 3.x or 4.x, and the Microsoft PPTP client. Other third-party VPN clients might be unsupported.

a VPN solution is typically unsupported if it is not a Cisco product and does not function like a network interface card.

try using supported vpn client and check if it is solved?

hth

please rate helpful posts

Majdi

Thank you for the reply. I tested the VPN with other laptops using IP Communicator 2.0 and they work correctly.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am new in voip. i want to setup voip in lab. could you please suggest me which equiptment i should use. and also let me know about abour for voip carrier

hi mtahirkhan82

so regarding Cisco Voip home lab for building knowledge and testing purposes and also walking the first step in this field without paying a lot of money mainly if u get the following items u can cover most of Cisco Callamanger-ip telephony configuration areas and really u will be able to design and implement a Cisco ip telephony project:

1: cisco callmanager 4.x virtual machine (VMWare), install it on any capable pc or server. if u could not get CCM VM files please let me know i can send u a link where u can download it.

2: cisco ip communicator (softphone installed on ur pc) or if u would like to work on physical ip phones, u have to buy cisco ip phones (note that it works without license for home lab purposes so don't worry about phones licensing). also to power ip phones u need either a poe switch or power adapter for each ip phone or even active patch panel (that gives power on 4,5,7,8 pins).

3: if u want to go outside (calls to pstn) in ur testings u have to buy a small series gateway (1700 is ok or start with 2800 ISR's series) download a voice grade ios. and a FXO card (say 2 ports PN: VIC2-2FXO), just plug it (RJ11) with ur telephone line box on the wall.

4: u have to start reading callmanager system and admin guides in addition to callmanager SRND.

hth

please rate helpful posts

/majdi

Hi,

Thanks for nice information.

can you please send the link where from i can download cisco callmanager 4.x virtual machine (VMWare)

regards

m k

hi mtahirkhan82

here within this link u can find cisco call manager 4.1 CD1&CD2

http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74780

by the way surf this site for cisco shares u can find a lot of interesting resources ..!

hth

please remember to rate helpful posts

/majdi

Dear

Please any one help me that i have the same problem and i can't solve it untile now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: