cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRC errors & input errors, on me remote switch port gig0/1

qit
Level 1
Level 1

Remote switch 2960 port gig0/1 get crc and input errors.2960 is link to 2950 port 100mbps FD,via multimode fiber link with transceiver 100BaseTX to 100BaseFX.

How can I find what`s generating crc errors.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

distraido
Level 1
Level 1

I had similar problems but it was from a fiber GBIC through multimode fiber to another GBIC. In my case it was a 4506 connected to a 3524. Our issue was that the fiber run was too long for multimode and it seems that after some wear on the GBIC maybe the power output could not go across the longer than standard multimode fiber length.

Other reasons however are usually hardware connected to the port getting input errors. I would try swapping the transceiver, then maybe moving the ethernet to another port. I'm guessing one of those two should help. Possibly also replacing the patch cable. And of course make sure youre fiber is within allowable distance.

Those are my suggestions.

Thanks, but I have already tried these changes. As you say that may be the fiber distance, I will have to check that.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card