cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA with Web Filter

ShisouKitsune
Level 1
Level 1

I'm tring to install an ASA firewall on my system, but I also want to use my web filtering software that functions as a proxy on another server. Is there a way i can setup my ASA to route traffic to the web filter? Also will the ASA be able to pass windows authentication so my filter can still be based on username?

2 Replies 2

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi .. as far as I know the ASA like the PIX only supports 2 URL filters vendors Websense and

Secure Computing SmartFilter (formerly N2H2). having said that .. you could perhaps try using your web filter but of course Cisco will not provide any support .. assuming you are able to get this working. please refer to the below link for information.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080637340.html

I hope it helps .. please rate it if it does

That was helpful thank you, unfortunately i don't use WebSense or Secure Computing SmartFilter so i don't know how to set this up. Would it be possible to have the ASA send outbound requests to a proxy?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card