Views
Helpful
Replies

missing first letter for incoming call name display

study_voip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have one CME4.1 with one PRI connecting to the PSTN, I mentioned when the IP phones received the call from PSTN, the name shown on the phone always missed the first letter, when I debug ISDN q931 on the CME router, I saw the full name there

any suggestion?

thanks

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Exact IOS version and phone firmware please ?

c3845-ipvoice_ivs-mz.124-11.XJ3.bin

tftp-server flash:SCCP41.8-2-2SR2S.loads

tftp-server flash:apps41.8-2-2TR2.sbn

tftp-server flash:cnu41.8-2-2TR2.sbn

tftp-server flash:cvm41sccp.8-2-2TR2.sbn

tftp-server flash:dsp41.8-2-2TR2.sbn

tftp-server flash:jar41sccp.8-2-2TR2.sbn

tftp-server flash:term41.default.loads

tftp-server flash:term61.default.loads

thank you man

IOS is current and phone recent enough so that I don't think it matters, (but would try to upgrade just as precaution).

Anyway, if you look in the forum, there has been similar cases. In fact, CCM since the beginning, has an option to 'send the extra digit'. This makes me think there may be an ambiguity in the way the switches encodes the name and the router interpret it. One would need to follow with the TAC so that they can show your traces to the developer in case something needs to be changed in the code. Good luck!

I can attest to the fact that we had to check off the 'send extra digit' in our 6608 configs. Before that, we would have one digit missing.

Interestingly enough, when I get calls from the TAC, one letter is missing. ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: