cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1821 Config Problem

bcannon1133
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1821 SDM. I recently changed ISP's and tried to reconfigure the router with my new set of IP's. No when ever I reboot the router, it resets back to the old config. I have tried everything I know. Anyone have any ideas?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

rajinikanth
Level 3
Level 3

Did you saved your running-config to startup-config

HTH

Raj

View solution in original post

Hi

Do make sure that your config register value is set to 0X2102.

I feel your config register value is set to 0X2142 which will result in what you are experincing at present.

You can verify the same using show version command...

Once you are sure that its set as 0X2142 do change it using config-register 0X2102 and save the config.

After saving the config do check with show version command for proper updation try with a reset and check for the new register value..

regds

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

rajinikanth
Level 3
Level 3

Did you saved your running-config to startup-config

HTH

Raj

Hi

Do make sure that your config register value is set to 0X2102.

I feel your config register value is set to 0X2142 which will result in what you are experincing at present.

You can verify the same using show version command...

Once you are sure that its set as 0X2142 do change it using config-register 0X2102 and save the config.

After saving the config do check with show version command for proper updation try with a reset and check for the new register value..

regds

Edwin

If the config register were 0x2142 then it would go to no config when the router reboots. And in the original post Bobby says that it goes back to the old config - not to no config. So I do not believe that it is a problem with the config register.

I have not attempted this kind of change using SDM but I have done it many times successfully from the command line interface. So my advice to Bobby is to go to the command line interface and change the interface addresses from the command line.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

foxbatreco
Level 3
Level 3

Hii..please use the CLI to reconfig ur router with the new set of IP's and also have a chk on the config reg value.

Pls rate the post.

bcannon1133
Level 1
Level 1

That is what it was. I checked the config and it was set to 0x2142. Changed it, made my changes, power cycled, and bam, now it works...cant believe I over looked something like that. Thanks for the help.

bobbycannon
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, well now it gets better. It worked for a week. I must have rebooted this thing 50 times to make sure. All of a sudden, I power it down to install a new APC, now it returns to the old config. Checked the version and it is still at 0X2102. I swear, I have nothing but issues from this thing. Anymore ideas??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card