Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works backup error message

Manoj Wadhwa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

We are using Cisco Works to backup our devices on the network. The backup is automatic and runs every friday. However, i've been observing that backup to 6509 switch fails every week with an error message of "Failed to get the start tag-begin in the configuration ". I am unable to find any information about this error in cisco website. Anyone has any thoughts on this, plz do share. Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Best Regards,

Manoj

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of RME is this? This may be a known bug.

Hi Clarke,

This is a LMS2.5 product. Plz let me know if this is a known bug. Is there any link which mentions this bug? Thanks again!

Again, what is the exact version of RME?

Hi Clarke,

I am not sure how to check the exact version. But i just checked in help and it said "New Features and Enhancements in CiscoWorks Common Services 3.0.3", so i would guess the version is 3.0.3. Does this make sense?

Go to Common Services > Software Center > Software Update. The version of Resource Manager Essentials will be listed there.

Thank you....its

Resource Manager Essentials 4.0.4

Okay, then this is most likely not a known bug. It could be an issue with command authorization, though. Please enable ArchiveMgmt debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, then re-run the failing config sync job for the Cat6509, and post the resulting dcmaservice.log.

Clarke,

I have anabled debugging and re-run the backup again. Can u guide me where to get dcmaservice.log file. Thx

I assume you're running on Windows, so NMSROOT\log\dcmaservice.log.

Actually it is running on a Unix ... still the log file name will be the same ?? If yes, then i will have to ask some one else to retrieve the log file as i dont have permissions to search for the file.

On Solaris, the log file will be found under /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/dcmaservice.log.

Clarke,

Actually i dont have permission to the CSCOpx folder. I will try to request from the server admin and then try to post the logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: