Views
Helpful
Replies

software issue on new switch in 3759 stack

kcornally
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to add a new 3750 to a stack .The new switch has code version of 12.3 SEC and the old switches have code version of 12.2(25)SEB4 . I believe that you should always try to have the sw the same on all members of the cluster . When we plug in the new switch we just get the

(No such file or directory) error . and the content of flash appears empty . If i issue a copy tftp flash5 , that should on theory copy the the correct version to the relevant switch number or so I believe.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

mrmozaffari
Level 1
Level 1

Could you please attach "show flash" result or past it here ?

It seems you did not enter correct name or something like this may be the switch ios is in a directory.

Regard B.Mozaffari

You can upgrade the incompatible software image using the archive copy-sw command.

This command copies the software image from an existing stack member to the one with the incompatible software. The affected switch automatically reloads and joins the stack as a fully functioning member.

You can also copy the IOS to the flash using copy tftp flash5 , if this is the 5th member in the stack

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Thank you very much guys ,

Does the archive-copy sw work when there is no image on the or when there is a newer image on the broken switch

I am not back in the office till monday so will try it then, I'll revert back with info and rating then.

the switch doesn't have anything in the flash directory so will this work .

use xmodem to copy over the software 12.3 sec

to the broken switch.

then use the archive download-sw 12.2(25) to get the older software for the rest of the stack ??

will this work or will the fast that the broken switch has newer software that the existing members of the stack.

thanks again for all your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card