Hi,

Can u help me how to remove SIP v8 from 7912 and replace it with SCCP v5

I have CCME v4.0(2)

Thank u

7 Replies 7

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

Please take a look at this document. It explains the conversion from SIP to SCCP and the reverse process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

Please rate helpfull posts

Is ther any combine keys to reset the phone to dafault factory (SCCP)

No, the phone must load the files via tftp. If use ccme, it's just a matter of copying files to the router, configute tftp-server statements for all the files, configure load under telephony-service, configure an ephone with the mac-address.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hello

I follow and do all these steps but without any change. my ip phone is still in SIP!!

Hi,

are you using an external TFTP server or the router ? If the latter, please check again cofiguration including mac-address, and do "term mon" and "debug tftp events". You will see the phone requesting files and which one is failing.

If that doesn't work we can use the method with the text configuration file, and binary utility. But first please confirm the above.

the tftp is on the router,

Here are the display of debug

Jun 10 16:53:55.323: TFTP: Looking for gk000ab8878998

Jun 10 16:53:55.331: TFTP: Looking for gkdefault.cfg

Yes you need the "config file and utility" method because your phone is a 7912.

You need to download the utility "bmp2logo.zip" from CCO, area "Cisco Unified IP Phone Client Tools ", note you need to be registered as customer with download privileges (requires a support contract aka smartnet).

You need that also because the V5.x firmware that you mentioned is too old for current CME, only the very latest image 8.0(3) is almost bug free.

Please read:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dde64ef/2#selected_message

Prepare the config file just as mentioned in the thread. copy the binary file to router as gkdefault.cfg and configure with "tftp-server gkdefault.cfg. The phone will then upgrade.

I know it can look complicated but is the only way to do it. Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: