cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help loading new IOS onto a 3550

Neuromancer
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to boot a WS-C3550-24 from a TFTP server but it is not working. I am using the "boot system tftp://x.x.x.x/imagename.bin" command, and I do a wr me. When I do a "show boot" it shows that it is configured for the appropriate tftp server. When I reload, I get the message that the file is not authorized. I already verified with a test file that this switch can access the server. (I am using Tftpd32 on a laptop by the way on a routed port coming directly off the switch. Also there are no firewalls.)

I would appreciate any suggestions!

Chris

2 Replies 2

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Please first of all confirm that you can reach and ping the tftp IP from the switch, then make sure that you are pointing the current directory correct on the server and that you have enabled the tftp server on tftpd32.

The second step is to use another tftp server.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Just to add Mahmoud post check weather u have configured tftp to send and recieve files,and check any file permissions on the directory.

Mahmood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card