CCNP Practice Exams

Unanswered Question
Jun 10th, 2007

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to know people's opinions on what the best CCNP practice exams are.

I've done enough research to know that Test King is pretty much for cheats, and also found out that Transcender products are still held in quite a high regard, but I can't see how they can get away with charging US$149 for each practice exam - it seems far too high.

Any others out there?

Also checked out Boson, but their's aren't yet up-to-date and I had a bad experience previously using their products for CCSA&CCSE.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
ddarby1 Mon, 06/11/2007 - 00:34

Thanks Glen,

The first one looks the most promising at the moment, so I'll try it.

The last one; examforce seems to be a dead link.

mark.j.hodge Mon, 06/11/2007 - 02:45

Ciscopress are currently in the process of updating the Exam Certification guides for CCNP. The ONT and BSCMN guides are already out and include "more that 200 questions" on the particular exam.

I haven't got them myself so cannot comment on quality, but they will be current, having been so recently published. If they are like the INTRO and ICND guides, updates are available online too.

jlhainy Fri, 06/15/2007 - 17:53

Yes, the BCMSN is out, but the questions that come with it stink. So far, I have seen Transcender as the best quality, but the price is steep. The questions come with URL's to Cisco's website that explain why the answer is the way it is.

ddarby1 Sat, 06/16/2007 - 00:53

Thanks for all the replies on this topic, in the end I used

I definitely find (as I'm sure you do) that a good exam simulator is needed before the exam in order to simulate the exam type questions and conditions - it saves a lot of burning time in the exam.

What I was trying to avoid was using practice exams with the exact questions that are on the exam. Unfortunately, having used how2pass, although it was pretty good in 'study mode' - quite a few of the questions were obviously lifted directly from the exam.

However, I've got slightly mixed feelings about it this time round (exam was BCMSN), because I used the Cisco Self-Study Guide to prepare for the exam and despite it's 850+ pages, for me, it didn't cover the exam topics well enough.

Bottom line is that I don't think I would've passed without the practice exams.

Also agree with 'jihany' in that Transcender seems to have the best quality, but that the price is far too high.

Thanks, all,

mark.j.hodge Thu, 08/09/2007 - 09:13

I agree, the CD with the BCMSN Study guide are not the best. I was getting 85% plus on the practise test, but failed the real thing with only 704 (804 needed).

As this is my first CCNP exam on the path to qualification, I'll probably get the transender pack for all four exams.

alaishandre Tue, 06/12/2007 - 14:14

I used measureup practice exams for my CCNA. The content was good for finding my weak points and I used a CCNA network simulator from CiscoPress for experience.

This Discussion