cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7815-I2-ECS, Unity installation failure

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

Installing the Unity hardware detection DVD which shipped with the hardware. successfull loading the image but got an error message when reboot with 'A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del restart'

Is the shipped hardware detection DVD not fit to the actual IBM hardware? The DVD label is "Cisco Unity Platform Configuration for IBM x206m, x306m and x3650"

Advise please?

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Sounds like Bad Media (CD/DVD). To confirm this try using the IBM CD along with any Windows 200X OS. If this works, then it is a bad disk, incase this also fails with the same error, then u have a bad HDD. Incase it is a Bad HDD, you will have top open a case with TAC so that they can work with IBM to get the drive replaced (Only if this is an MCS Server, bough from Cisco/Cisco Reseller). Incase you got this directly from IBM, then you will have to work with IBM on getting the issue resolved

Thanks Mahesh,

Two MCS boxes for Unity failover and its not HDD issue since successfully installed the W2K using IBM CD. Both media sets same symptom and don't think both bad.

I was install to same MCS model with platform DVD OS2000 (cannot test now since not handy) but I have OS2003 platform DVD at this time and have an error.

I'll contact TAC but want to know whether its known issue.

Thanks in advance,

CSCsj27976

Hi John,

Thanks for taking a moment to post back with this info. 5 points for helping the next person who hits this issue/bug!

Thanks again,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: