QoS NBAR question

Unanswered Question
Jun 10th, 2007

I'm reading a book on QoS and the author is speakig about NBAR. I have a question if someone has an answer.

when creating a class-map, and matching protocols for that map, when you apply the service-policy to the interface is the bandwith for the QoS set once for all protocols and the interface, or can different bandwiths be specified for each protocol that moves across that interface.

Thanks in advance!!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
mohammedmahmoud Sun, 06/10/2007 - 13:04

Hi,

You can use different multiple classes, a class per each protocol (each class match a different protocol), and then assign each class a separate bandwidth.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

j.carrabine Sun, 06/10/2007 - 14:20

Mohammed does it again!!!

Another question.

If you use NBAR for classification, is tag priority automatically computed or do you still need to manually figure (i.e. 101 VB, 000 BE)?

mohammedmahmoud Sun, 06/10/2007 - 22:43

Hi,

No, NBAR is used for classification only, you must do marking using CB Marking.

You are very welcomed, and i hope that i've been informative.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

j.carrabine Mon, 06/11/2007 - 03:48

So if CBWFQ is enabled prioity tagging is done by that feature? If not what IOS feature will automatically place prioity tagging into the layer 2 frame header, or does that need to be manually done? I assume that AutoQoS does this for you.?

mohammedmahmoud Mon, 06/11/2007 - 03:59

Hi,

Classification and Marking are two independent tools, and yes AutoQos will do both for you.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

j.carrabine Mon, 06/11/2007 - 06:30

Thanks again. With your clarification I will hopefully pass the ONT.

mohammedmahmoud Mon, 06/11/2007 - 08:49

Hi,

You are very welcomed, and i wish you good luck with your exam :)

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Actions

This Discussion