CCIE; Starting Guide Required

Unanswered Question
Jun 10th, 2007

I am going to start for the CCIE in just few days following R&S track. I have seen a lot of books on the cisco site. Can any body please guide me which books i have to follow for the CCIE written and CCIE LAB separately. Please mention only necessary and good books not all of them as listed on cisco CCIE portion.

Is there any book for the lab practice or any other resource.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
del.rsharma Fri, 06/15/2007 - 18:18

Advising you to refer CCIE Routing & Switching Exam Certification Guide second edition :-

by :- Wendell Odom

There is again change in R&S exam track.

rodd_cisco Sat, 06/23/2007 - 19:01

I just passed the R&S written on the 18th and I used the following:

1. Routing TCP/IP I & II (Cisco Press)

2. CCIE Routing and Switching Study Guide (Ciscopress)

3. Cisco website's documentation (excellent resource, and it's free)

4. Boson Exam Simulator (I've used this for CCNA and CCNP as well. I swear by it, and they're actually harder than the real exam. Right before the written, I was averaging mid-80's w/Boson, and I scored 91% on the real exam)

For the Lab, I'm adding:

1. CCIE Practical Studies I and II

2. Internet Routing Architectures

3. Internetwork Expert Self-paced course (includes Class-on-demand, workbooks, and mock labs)

4. Hands-on using virtual on-line labs for the longer labs, and at work I have access to some mid-to-high end routers and switches for maybe a couple of hours a day. Oh, and definitely read:

This is mostly for motivation and planning. A lot of smart people fail the lab because they don't prepare or plan adequately. This is a must read. Good luck!

"Do, or do not. There is no try."

- Yoda

This Discussion