cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway not reachable for a specific time

ajayvmccie
Level 1
Level 1

On my 4500 switch the pcs on vlan11 are not able to reach the default gateway for about 10 min.After that specific time period the default gateway is reachable.This is happening 2 or 3 times a day.When the gateway is not rechable if the ip address is refreshed on the PC the gateway becomes rechable again.what can be the issue the IOS is 12.2(25)EWA8.

5 Replies 5

ycae
Level 1
Level 1

What do you mean by the ip is refreashed on PC? Are you using DHCP? Did you already try with a machine in static ip?

Yves

if i release the ip on the pc and ask for new ip from dhcp.Thats wat i meant by refresh.(The repair option in the lan settings).Yes even if i give static i observe the error.I'm seeing invlaid mac address on vlan11 in the trunk port

Hi,

Could it be that you have firewalls installed in a fullcluster? Are you using multicast mac addresses for the gateway?

Yves

Hi,

Actually i'm not using any firewall.The ip helper address is used on Vlan interface for contacting the DHCP server

where the Pcs were connected directly to Core switch or any L2 switch.

if pcs connected to L2 switch might be uplink(trunk)problem.

paste the logs for core switch if have L2 switch log which pc gets connected that also...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: