cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point Authentication (1242AG and 1310G Aironet)

ciscoprolin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

when I set up a new Aironet AP (1242 or 1310) there is a section AP Authentication (below Security). Can anyone explain me how the AP Authentication works and which device authenticates the APs ? Can this be done by the local authentication AP (AP which serves as radius server)? If yes, where in the local radius settings can I set the credentials for the APs ? Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,

Thorsten

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

This means that all ciso Lightweight access points coming under same RF-group name will register themselves as neighbors. If they see any other access points they trigger rouge access point alarm. This is configured on controller.Refer URL

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008063ed9b.html

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

Does this mean the section "AP Authentication" has no function if the AP is NOT used as LWAPP Access Point but as an AP in the autonomous mode ?

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: