cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Public SSID (hotspot) on an AP1200

tpelley
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use Chillispot (www.chillispot.org) to set up a guest SSID on the AP1200 in our boardroom.

The AP is configured with with a private SSID and a public SSID. Each of the two SSID's are assigned to a unique Vlan. The access point itself, sits on a third Vlan which is used for network management.

The public SSID is in Guest Mode, Open and no authentication.

The Private SSID is not broadcast and clients are authenticated via our radius server.

I want to use chillispot to control access to the public SSID & VLAN while at the same time leaving the Private SSID untouched.

With the Access Point configured with only one ssid and VLans turned off, (ie. the default config)Chilli works perfectly, but when I add multiple SSID's and vlans into the mix, nothing works.

Here is what I am trying to achieve.

A single access point configured with a private SSID and a public SSID. Each of the two SSID's are assigned to a unique Vlan. The access point itself, sits on a third Vlan which is used for network management.

Private SSID connections are authenticated via our freeradius server and should completely bypass chilli.

Public SSID connections should be authenticated by chilli and thus given access to the Public VLAN (Internet)only.

My Chillispot server is running on Fedora Core 4, configured to use an external RADIUS server and an Internal UAM Server.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might achieve all of this.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

dsweeny
Level 3
Level 3

This could be achieved by using Lightweight access point not by using autonomous access point. In Lightweight access point controllers could be used to assign different methods for different WLANs.

diro
Level 1
Level 1

didn't you forget to enable trunking on your switch?

millsusaf
Level 1
Level 1

The port you are plugged into has to be trunked. Your also have to configure sub interfaces on the AP in order for multiple VLANs to work properly . . or at all.

An attached config would be helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: