Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity not playing voicemails after Exchange moved

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Quick question hopefully,

The exchange server was moved to another location and only thing that changed was the IP addresses. Unity is in old location still and voicemails can be left with no problem, but when people log in to check VM over phone they sign in to their mailbox and after hitting # on password prompt it is dead silent. It is still silent after 4 minutes of the call being up.

There appears to be no errors in the event log at time people check messages, etc. There is about a 900ms round trip time between the unity and exchange server now. That is the only difference I can see. We're looking into the WAN and MPLS now to see if we can the round trip time down.

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Sounds like it might be a one-way audio issue.

There are many docs, here is one to start with.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080093c11.shtml

rlp

It could be exchange delays also.

Look at the size and item count of the mailboxes of the subscribers.

Indexing occurs when you hit the # key when logging in.

rlp

Ok, I doubt it is one way audio since we hear the greetings, enter your user id, password, etc fine.

Let me check out some things and get back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: