cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2821 Serial Interfaces on Ciscoview shows them Admin Down

tom.diaz
Level 1
Level 1

When using Ciscoview 6.1 to display a Cisco 2821 router serial interfaces. Ciscoview shows these interfaces admin down, however the serial interfaces are up and active. How can I clear this status on Ciscoview to show a green status ?

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the exact version of CiscoView? What version of the Rtr2800 package are you using (click About while viewing the 2821)? What version of IOS is running on this router? Please provide an snmpwalk of the ifTable from this router.

Thanks jclarke.

We are running Ciscoview 6.1.5. The Rtr2800 device package is 7.0. The IOS version is 12.4(10a). Also, we have other Cisco 2821's that display correctly on Ciscoview showing the serial interfaces green. However for this router, the serial interfaces are grayed out. I don't know where to get the snmpwalk of the ifTable.

You can use the SNMP Walk tool in Device Center to do this. The starting OID should be "ifTable". What are the differences between the 2821s that show correct interface status, and this one that doesn't?

Thanks.

I'm not a system administrator so I don't have the SNMP Walk feature, however I'll try to get this access from our Ciscoworks Admin.

As for the other 2821 that our working. I compared the routers and found no differences. They have the same IOS and VWIC cards.

jclarke. Here's the SNMP Walk you requested for this router.

SNMP indicates all but interface GigabitEthernet0/1 are up. In order to troubleshoot this further, I would like to see a screenshot of the problem, and you will need to enable CiscoView debugging for this device. Unfortunately, since CiscoView caches the device model, the best way to get this is to first restart dmgtd then enable SNMP and Activity trace debugging under CiscoView > Administration > Debug Options And Display Log, then open the device, and collect the log.

jclarke. Here's the Ciscoview screen shot of the grayed out serial interfaces and the debug information. Thanks.

Okay, this interface isn't showing up as admin down, it's showing up with no status. This debug output, however, was not done as I requested. CiscoWorks Daemon Manager was not restarted first, and the debug is incomplete. I would also like to see a walk of 1.3.6.1.2.1.10.18.6.1.10 from this device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: