cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CCA Stub to Launch an Executable (For Non-Admins)

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Has anyone successfully launched a qualified\digitally signed executable using CCA Stub (When the logged User is Non-Administrator) ?

I have followed all the instructions to create a signed executable using our internal CA but CCA Stub is unable to launch the executable.

I then tried with a Microsoft Signed executable (To Rule out any error with our CA) but still the same result.

The only message that comes up is "Cisco Clean Access Agent stub failed to launch. <executable name>".

If I login as Administrator then the launch works fine but ofcourse this launch is not using the CCA Stub since logged User is Admin.

Thanks,

Naman

2 Replies 2

I did not used a signed version of the executable and it's working fine. The only thing I can say though is make sure you are using the agent version right from the CAS (when you go through the web NAC authentication portal). Don't use the agent version from Cisco.com "Download Software" section because the exec il altered by the CAS. Use the one from the CAS.

Email from Cisco TAC:

============

Dominic,

Can you please tell me where the agent is being downloaded from? To work with the stub, it should be downloaded from the CAS, and not from cisco.com. This is because the agent downloaded from the CAS will have certain necessary site specific information.

Regards,

================

My two cents...

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for the response. I am actually using the CCA version from the CAS (That i installed through Web Remediation). I then downloaded the CCAStubMSI from CAM Admin interface and copied it to the Host PC and then installed it.

Still when I login as Non-Admin User, it fails to launch the defined executable through CCAStub.

Any ideas ?

Do I need to download the Stub also from CAS ? If Yes, then from which location ?

Can you send me in private the TAC Engineer info, who handled your case ? I will the try to have my case transferred to him.

Thanks,

Naman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: